HOW TO GET HERE
AIRPORT DOMINE EDWARD OSOK (SOQ) IS YOUR AIRPORT OF ARRIVAL.
You can get directly to Sorong airport flying from the following cities in indonesia:
Flying with the following domestic airlines:
- Xpress Air
- Lion Air/Wings Air
- Garuda Indonesia
- Sriwijaya Air
- Nam Air
There are no international flights to Sorong Airport
Take a look to the different flight connections from/to Sorong and its weekly schedule:
Recommended flight connections:
- FROM JAKARTA:
Jakarta Soekarno Hatta International Airport (CGK) with ExpressAir to Sorong Domine Edward Osok Airport (direct flight)
- FROM KUALA LUMPUR:
Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) with AirAsia (regular flights) to Makassar Sultan Hasanuddin International (UPG) STOP— all domestic airlines to Sorong Domine Edward Osok Airport (SOQ)
- FROM SINGAPORE:
Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) with SilkAir to Manado Sam Ratulangi (MDC) STOP—Garuda Indonesia to Sorong Domine Edward Osok Airport (SOQ)
- FROM BALI:
Bali Denpasar (DPS) with LionAir/WingsAir to Makassar Sultan Hasanuddin International (UPG) STOP— LionAir/WingsAir to Sorong Domine Edward Osok Airport (SOQ)
Raja Ampat Dive Resort offers flight reservation service. Contact us for more information.
When you arrive to Sorong
There are many options to get to your final destination:
- Option one: Private Transfer Sorong – Waisai by Speedboat
Our staff is waiting for you at the airport according to your arrival time. Our taxi will drive you to the port where our speedboat is waiting for you. One and a half hour later you arrive to Raja Ampat Dive Resort jetty directly.
Check our price list for more information.
- Option two: Pick-up Service using Ferry
Our staff is waiting for you at the airport according to your arrival time. Our taxi will drive you to Sorong Ferry harbor and ferry VIP tickets as well as baggage carrying will be provided. two hours after ferry departure from Sorong our staff is waiting for you at Waisai harbor. After that, there’s a 15 minutes trip by speedboat to our resort.
In case that your flight arrives early in the morning and your ferry leaves in the afternoon,we will take you to the Lobby of a Hotel where you can rest for few hours. Around 13.00 we will take you to the Ferry Terminal.
Check our price list for more information and coordinate your flights with the ferry schedule.
- Option three: Step by Step “Do It Yourself”
After your arrival at the airport, take a taxi to Sorong Ferry Harbor ( you will find them parked at the arrivals gate parking area. Standard price for one way ride from the airport to the ferry harbor is 100.000 IDR/car. Cash payment only). Once you arrive, walk to the building on the left side and look for LOKET (ticket sale). Ask for your ticket there to Waisai harbor with EXPRESS BAHARI (always cash payment in Indonesian Rupiah) and choose your Economic ticket or VIP ticket.
After you get your tickets, walk straight on until the end of the harbor and you will find the ferry entrance on the left side.
Show your tickets to the ferry crew and they will help you to find your seat. 2 hours later, you arrive to Waisai harbor. Our staff member will be waiting for you, and will join you to our speedboat. After a 15 minutes trip, you will arrive to our resort.
- Things you should know about public ferry service:
- Ferry schedule is subject to changes and delays without prior notice
- If you have any physical disability, please let us know in advance in order to provide all help you need to go in/out the ferry with no inconvenience.
- During high season (specially Christmas and New Year’s eve) tickets are sold out earlier than normal. Please, get to the ferry LOKET point and buy your tickets with time enough. When you are taking PICK UP SERVICE USING FERRY, our staff will provide your VIP tickets bought in advance.
- EXPRESS FERRY AND SLOW FERRY: There’s an additional ferry leaving Sorong called GETSEMANI, FAJAR MULIA. This bigger ferry is slower than EXPRESS BAHARI, and it will take you 3 hours to get to your destination if you take it. Its schedule is not fix. Please pay special attention at the moment of buying your tickets and choose EXPRESS BAHARI ferry every time.
- If your flight arrives after 13.00, you MAY NOT catch the ferry. So you would need to stay overnight in Sorong. Please coordinate your schedule according to ferry times.
- Payment of tickets and services must be always in cash local currency.
Ferry Express Bahari Timetable
RAJA AMPAT TOURISM ENTRY FEE / MARINE PARK FEE
In accordance with regent decree 18/2014, any person that enters the Raja Ampat Marine Protected Area for ecotourism, general tourism and research purposes must obtain an environmental services permit.
This fee has now become the TARIFF TO SUPPORT RAJA AMPAT ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES, and “it’s being used to support efforts to ensure that the Marine Protected Areas (MPA’s) of Raja Ampat Archipelago can maintain their natural functions providing essential ecosystem services necessary to support life” (BLUD UPTD KKPD Raja Ampat 2014).
Care of Marine Protected Areas in Raja Ampat is carried out by the Government of Raja Ampat Regency through the Regional Public Technical Service Agency for the Raja Ampat MPA’s under the raja Ampat Fisheries Office., working in collaboration with local indigenous people and non-government organizations.
The price of the fee is 500.000 IDR per year for local guests (Indonesian citizens) and 1.000.000 IDR per year for international guests.